Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Sweet tooth's guide to NYC


Growing up in a small town and moving to LA was already a big enough change for me. I recently just got back from the city that never sleeps New York. I was visiting my best friend who is interning at Vogue for the semester! The non-stop walking and the -7 wind blow anywhere else would of been awful, but there is something about New York that makes it amazing. My sweet tooth and i of course took over the city stopping on every block to try some sort of sugar! Starting and finishing with some of the best cupcakes ever. The first night, before i could even put my bags down we raced over to Crumbs ( yes we have crumbs in LA but its our tradition so it had to be our first stop) trying to make it there before it closed, don't worry we made it.

I got the good guy ( a better version of funfetti) and i also decided to try something new and get Butterfinger which was amazing i cant wait for an excuse to go back and get it again. The next day we went to Dylan's candy Bar which is pretty much my heaven. Any candy you could ever dream was there and more. Right after that we made our way over to Serendipity which is a must go to in NYC. After stuffing my face with chicken pot pie we split Frozen HOT chocolate, Yes Frozen Hot chocolate.
No matter what you do in the city, or what your reasons is for visiting this is a must try. If this still isn't enough sugar for you the next day we headed over to the famous MM store. But this was just a stop on the way to get more cupcakes. Cupcakes are my weakness and when your in new york your weakness is on every corner, but there is nothing like the famous Magnolia Bakery. The icing couldn't taste better i almost requested a cup of just icing! 


I swallowed one in the store before i could even pay, and grabbed another 4 to take back with me to LA to share with my sister. Her one request was to bring her back  Magnolia cupcakes no matter what it took. So the cupcakes and i returned back to our warm city.

-Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment